Choice Chicas: Fall Fashion
If there is one thing the Choice Chicas love, it’s fall. As the leaves change, football starts back up, and chili season arrives, we are just so giddy to update our fall wardrobes. We love sharing our current obsessions, and this week we’re sharing our current fall fashion favorites.
- Fall is my favorite season for so many reasons, but fashion is at the top of that list. The weather stays warm in East Tennessee until October, so transitional fall pieces are a must. I love these black, raw hem Madewell jeans. They go with my cute summer tops, jackets, and sweaters, they truly work for at least two seasons.
- I lived in these Vince Camuto block heel booties last year. They work so well with fall dresses and jeans.
- And, I just ordered these Free People bandanas. These colors transition well into fall and winter. They will be perfect for headbands, face coverings, and purse accessories.
- Snakeskin: I’ve said it one million times: animal print is a neutral in my closet. And, this fall I’m obsessed with incorporating as much snakeskin as I can. These tall snake boots are from none other than Walmart. And, they’re less than $30. Seriously. They’re perfect to pair with shorts in early fall, chunky sweaters, and skinny jeans as it gets cooler or even with your classic LBD.
- Medallion Necklaces: Traditionally I’m a statement earrings kind of girl – the bigger the better. But lately, I’ve been wearing more layered necklaces and simpler earrings. I’m loving medallion lariats, like this one from VICI. I especially like the chain link. Throw it on with a classic white tee or your favorite sweater and jeans.
- Sneakers: Y’all know I’m a high-heeled girl. Well, pre-2020, let’s say. This year is the year of the high fashion sneakers and I’m here for it! I’ve paired them with everything from cutoffs to joggers to a maxi dress and denim jacket. These from Walmart meet two requirements: snake and a good deal (less than $30).
- Leather-like Joggers: If you’ve followed me for two minutes, you know I’m obsessed with Sara Blakely and everything that she does at Spanx. Well, this Fall Sara and her team have brought us the perfect pair of pants: leather-like joggers. I mean, this may be the highlight of 2020, y’all. I love incorporating leather (or faux leather) pieces into my Fall wardrobe and this year my mantra is loungewear is the new workwear. I’m thinking this delivers on both of those!
- Spanx Leggings with heels or boots or booties are a must, they keep it all in and there is absolutely no way for them to become see-through.
- Felt wide-brim hat by Gigi Pip is perfect for a messy hair day or date night out. You can dress it up or down! Perfect for a Nashville or Austin Fall day/night.
- JCrew Military jacket, Brown, or OD green are my go-to fall colors and they go with anything! Pair it with a bold red lip or dress down with a pair of jeans and a loose V.
- My go-to shirt for work and lounging comes in several colors in fall, spring, and summer. It is loose and airy, perfect for a southern fall/winter! It looks so cute with Spanx leggings, booties and a hat. Comfy and Cute!
- My first fall fashion obsession is this beautiful pair of Frye boots. I’ve always wanted a pair of these, and they just had a Labor Day sale where they were only $99! Frye boots are known for their dependability and longevity, so I’m super excited to try these out! Truly, any cute fall bootie is a weakness of mine.
- My next fall fashion favorite is chunky sweaters over dresses/skirts. I LOVE that this has become a trend because I have so many summer dresses that were getting put away as we transitioned into fall, but now they don’t have to! This specific chunky sweater is from Vici, which has the absolute best selection!
- I’m a Michigan girl, born and raised, and in the midwest, fall can mean many things. From breathtaking autumn scenery to morning frost in September, weather can change in the blink of an eye. That’s why my fall staples are all about versatility. I’m that person who ALWAYS leaves the house without a jacket because it “looks nice out.” I found this $22 softshell jacket from Costco that I keep in my back seat for emergencies and it’s saved me from freezing at the gas pump more times than I’d like to admit.
- Suede is my staple fall material, I’m obsessed with it. This Nordstrom Rack skirt is so versatile in the fall months, pair it with booties and a blouse or tights, and a sweater as the weather gets cooler. So simple yet so chic.
- Fall is the absolute best time of year. Crisp air, fall smell, beautiful leaves, no humidity (aka better hair days) … what’s not to love? I love having a few neutral staple pieces that I can dress up or down. I used to avoid jeans like the plague until I discovered Good American high-waisted jeans. These jeans are actually stretchy and comfortable but look amazing on! I have a few pairs that I rotate between all of fall and winter.
- For any occasion when I want to be casual and comfy but also look semi-cute, I love a good pair of dark joggers. I pair my joggers with white sneakers and a jean jacket for that trendy and effortless street style look. I also love these because you can also wear them just lounging around the house.
- I love turtlenecks because they are so chic and make any outfit feel more put together. I’m obsessed with this muscle-tank/turtleneck look for those warmer fall days. Throw on a pair of jeans and cute booties and you’re good to go!
- This New England girl is obsessed with the fall. Not only is the weather absolutely perfect, but the leaves changing colors is also breathtaking, and the fashion is just what I am here for! My go-to fall look is nothing fancy but is totally comfy and super cute. There is nothing better than hanging out watching the football game or by sitting by the fire on a crisp fall night in an oversized hoodie and a pair of leggings.
- One of my fall fashion must-haves is a jean jacket. In Tennessee, I feel like the fall days come around so being able to spend the day in a cute dress is required with this heat. But, once the sun goes down you definitely need a cute jacket to throw on.