OUR FRANKLIN FAVORITES
Downtown Franklin is the perfect blend of historic preservation and Southern sophistication. Known as “America’s Favorite Main Street,” Historic Downtown Franklin is just 14 miles south of Nashville and a great location for a charming weekend getaway.
Main Street holds the perfect mix of fashionable boutiques, art galleries, gift and book stores, antique shops, restaurants, bars and beautifully restored properties. With our office located right in the heart of downtown, the Choice team has grown to love so many local merchants. Read on for recommendations!
My Franklin Favorites
I always have a delicious meal at 55 South, whether I’m meeting someone for dinner or enjoying brunch with girlfriends on a Saturday morning. Their chicken & waffles is my personal favorite! The menu encompasses the “best food in the South” that can be found along the stretch of Interstate 55 that runs all the way from Memphis to New Orleans.
If you’re looking for something to satisfy your sweet tooth, Kilwins Franklin is dangerously close and home to “the world’s best Mackinac Island fudge.” My go-to is their original recipe chocolate ice cream. Delish!
Heather’s Franklin Favorites
When you envision Franklin, Tennessee think back on a Norman Rockwell painting. The idyllic little town with charm and thriving community is home to some of the most darling restaurants and shops.
Some of my favorites include:
- Ruby Sunshine when you are in need of the perfect brunch spot
- Tin Cottage to pick up the best hostess gift
- Red Pony provides the ideal date night dinner
- Dion’s South for a blowout (and my favorite Kerastase and Oribe products)
- Frothy Monkey with it’s wrap around porch and thoughtful staff create your favorite coffee
- Juice Bar when you need to put some fruits and greens in your mouth (I love the sweet greens juice and Doc smoothie)
- Tazikis is my go-to for lunch at least once a week (and Kerry shares below our Choice team lunch staple)
- PD’s for all my home decor needs (think Restoration Hardware or Ethan Allen look and feel for wholesale prices)
- Anthropologie because, well, it’s a two-story Anthro in the middle of downtown Franklin which equals perfection in my book
Kerry’s Franklin Favorites
I don’t care if it is 105 degrees outside. I am stopping in to Franklin Mercantile for a bowl of their incredible tomato soup. It’s so good. I can’t even tell you how good. You just need to go give it a taste. This place feels like home as soon as you walk in.
Located right across the street from this adorable lunch spot is one of my favorite shops, Vinnie Louise. They have the cutest tees, fun dresses, and trendy jewelry among other things I can’t walk away from. I love their style and price point, and I always find way more than I should when I pop in.
Both of these businesses are also sponsors for the Choice Summit. We couldn’t be more grateful for their support, and we feel so lucky to have places we can’t resist right in our backyard.
Devin Lee’s Franklin Favorites
My favorite meal to eat out is breakfast and one of my go-tos is Merridee’s Breadbasket on the square! They have the most delicious pastries but also a to-die-for quiche. When you walk in the door you’re welcomed with friendly faces and the aroma of country cooking at it’s finest. I love going here with my girlfriends after we’ve shopped our heart out on the square. They have an amazing pumpkin pie if you’re looking for one to compliment your Thanksgiving meal!
Also, shoutout to Franklin for the FREE parking garages! This makes coming to the square so much easier and less of a chore.
Sarah’s Franklin Favorites
I have had the greatest joy getting to grow up around Franklin and am spoiled by the time I get to spend in this charming town! One of my favorite things about Franklin is that it offers everything I need. Whether a workout at my favorite gym, a quaint coffee shop, an adorable boutique, somewhere to watch SEC football or a place to grab the perfect G&T, it has it all. A few of my favorites include:
- Grays on Main and O’ Be Joyful: Located next door to each other, these two restaurants are the perfect combo. Gray’s is a rustic-chic cafe offering Southern fare, craft cocktails, and live music almost every night. O’ Be Joyful has one of my favorite burgers in the greater Nashville area (the Pimento Burger) and my husband especially loves their incredible whiskey collection.
- Savory Spice Shop: I love to cook, bake and grill with new flavors and that is why Savory Spice Shop is one of my Franklin favorites. They offer high-quality herbs, spices, and seasonings from specialty salts to the best spice blends for any recipe. They also have an AMAZING selection of specialty food and cooking products and spice gift sets.
- White’s Mercantile: White’s Mercantile is one of my all-time favorite shops. They offer adorable leather goods, kitchen, and home decor, beautiful paper products, and Franklin specific items. It is the perfect place to purchase a gift for a loved one or yourself!
Lena’s Franklin Favorites
Because I have three girls of my own, if we head to Franklin we cannot miss our favorite girly-girl store, magpies girl! My girls lose their mind as soon as we walk in because it has all the things they love covered in glitter and sparkles. It’s a dreamland for little girls! The staff at magpies is so fun, too – they make each girl feel special, and they really help them find something that fits their style and personality. If you have little girls in your life, you must visit this adorable shop!
We’d love to hear what your Fraklin favorites are in the comments below! And if you are visiting for the Choice Summit this weekend, welcome to our charming town! We are so glad you are here.