Episode 10: Behind-the-Scenes with HGTV’s “Fixer to Fabulous” Star Jenny Marrs
Live Date: Monday, June 29, 2020
Show Description: Today’s guest is such a fun one! Jenny Marrs is a wife, mother to five kids, a designer, and a writer. Along with her husband Dave, Jenny co-stars HGTV’s Fixer to Fabulous, a home renovation show focused on restoring historic homes in our beautiful Northwest Arkansas area. Jenny is a passionate advocate for community transformation, family preservation, and orphan care around the globe. On today’s episode, Jenny and Heather talk through life’s unexpected turns, saying “yes” and “no” to the right things and setting boundaries, building intentional community,
- There are decisions we make in life – a “yes” to something we thought would be a “no” – and at the time, we don’t know why this particular choice was made. But Jenny’s story is the perfect example of how a few unexpected yeses can lead us down the path to God’s perfect plan for us.
- If you are seeking community, don’t stress about your house being dirty or whether everything looks perfect. Just extend the invitation. Building community happens around intentional time together – regardless of what that looks like.
- “It’s interesting to see how these yeses in your life, how they take you on different paths.” – Jenny Marrs 8:47
- “I would say there’s a lot of things that are unexpected that I never would have imagined – living on a farm, having five kids, living in Arkansas. I can look back on the moments when those decisions were made and the paths that led to those specific decisions, and I’m abundantly grateful for the way that God shaped my desires and my heart for what He had in store for me.” – Jenny Marrs 13:34
- “Surrendering what you thought you wanted provides this incredible life that you never knew you desired to begin with.” – Heather Adams 16:03
- “How can we be intentional with the time during that particular season? Prioritizing well? Your season right now looks different than it did three months ago even. So, being really intentional about your children and the time you do have with them.” – Heather Adams 36:55
- “Sometimes, we just have to be the one to ask, and to extend the invitation, and open our door, and not get caught up in the fact that I didn’t take a shower every day because I had a newborn.” – Jenny Marrs 57:57
- “There’s this tendency as moms, in particular, for us to go to the bottom of the list. In a season like this, when our kids are at home and we’re having to do school work, and we’re having to cook all the meals, and keep the house clean, and work, and all the things that are just piling up, it’s hard to take care of ourselves because we are taking care of everyone else.” – Heather Adams 1:02:10
Resources and Links from Show: